Translate

Wednesday, January 7, 2015

Barielle Sale and Some Late Christmas Cheer

Quick!  Barielle is having another daily special and this one is amazing!


Get all five of these lovelies for $9.95.  This includes shipping!  Less than $2 each!  This only lasts today though, so hurry over to Barielle HERE to get it!

Now I have something to tell you.  I am doing what I never thought I would ever do....I am going back to school!  And for something I never thought I would do.....Nail Technician.  I feel like such a cliche.  I took some time, though, to decide if it was really what I wanted.  Just because I like doing my own nails does not necessarily mean I would want to do others.  I started with doing my sister's nails.  Once a week for several months.  My sister is a good critic.  And if I can do her nails in the front seat of her car, I should be able to do anyone's anywhere, right?

My biggest concern has been time.  I can easily spend hours doing my own nails.  Doing Bonnie's every week gave me the opportunity to increase my skills and speed.  But the real test came at Christmas time.  Bonnie was having a Christmas party with friends and asked if I would do manicures for those that wanted them as her Christmas present to them.  It started out as only three girls.  By the end of the night it was seven.  There were all kinds of personalities and I had so much fun.  A lot of work, but still fun.  Seven manicures in a little over three hours.  I did not do any cuticle care, but I still think I did good time!  Here is a group pic I got with five of the ladies.  (Two had left by the time I got around to pictures).


I prepared about 10 looks and brought everything needed with me.  I had samples on a nail wheel so people could choose.  Three people chose designs, but wanted different colors and we worked it all out.  The red green and gold plaid was changed into a teal and copper plaid.  I think that one was my favorite.  Everyone had something different.  So much fun!

So, here I am, days away from starting this new chapter in my life, nervous and excited all at the same time.  I don't know if it is the best financial choice for me, but I have big plans.  Eventually I would like to have my own salon suite for natural nail care and provide low-to-no cost manicures for women reentering the workforce.  This is what really gets me excited.  It means further education in non-profit, but not right now.  One step at a time, right.  Some days I feel I am too old to try and change my life so dramatically, but if not now.....Boy, I am one big cliche these days!

Thanks for looking and commenting!.

8 comments:

  1. Good luck in this new chapter in your life. Its going to be so exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I think it's great, doing something new. Follow your bliss - what other people think doesn't matter one teeny bit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Red! Following my bliss fits the bill exactly!

      Delete
  3. Thanks for the info on the Barielle sale! I love your nail art, and it is great you are doing this. It will be awesome!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Barielle has sales all the time, but I only share the ones I really like. You can sign up for their emails to be notified of their daily deals. And thanks for the encouragement!

      Delete
  4. I think that your vision is fantastic and innovative... It's never too late. I admire your vision and courage. Many blessings!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Myishia, thanks for all your words of encouragement!

      Delete